Fury v Wilder III: Rescheduled Fight Confirmed for October 9 – MoMusicDate - Most Visited News & Entertainment Website. Fury v Wilder III: Rescheduled Fight Confirmed for October 9

Subscribe Us

header ads

Fury v Wilder III: Rescheduled Fight Confirmed for October 9

Sports,Boxing,Fury v Wilder III,Rescheduled,Fight Confirmed,October 9,

 Tyson Fury’s third world heavyweight title fight against Deontay Wilder has been rescheduled for 9 October.

The bout, which had been due to take place in Las Vegas on 24 July, was postponed after the British heavyweight tested positive for coronavirus.

Fury, 32, beat American Wilder, 35, to become WBC champion in February 2020 – 14 months after the pair shared a thrilling draw in Los Angeles.

Neither man has fought since Fury’s victory in Las Vegas.

“I want nothing more than to smash the ‘Big Dosser’ on 24 July, but I guess the beating will have to wait,” said Manchester-born Fury, 32.

“Make no mistake, I will be back and better than ever. We will fight 9 October and I will knock him spark out.”

After a third fight fell through several times because of complications around the Covid-19 pandemic, Fury sought to move on and face fellow Briton Anthony Joshua, who holds the other three significant titles at heavyweight.

But an arbitration hearing ruled Wilder had contractual grounds for a third contest.

“This is what we went to arbitration for. He just wanted what was owed to him. He remains ready to reclaim his world title,” said Wilder’s manager Shelly Finkel.

Fury is unbeaten in his 31 fights, while Wilder has just one defeat in 44 outings.

SPORTS

‘I Booked My Ticket for Tokyo’: Djokovic Confirms He Will Compete at 2020 Olympics

Wimbledon champion Novak Djokovic has confirmed he will compete in this summer’s Olympic Games in Tokyo.

Djokovic, who claimed a record-equalling 20th men’s Grand Slam title last weekend, had said he was “50-50” about whether he would take part.

On Thursday, however, the 34-year-old posted on Twitter he would be “proudly” joining Team Serbia for the Games in eight days’ time.

He added: “I booked my flight for Tokyo.”

Djokovic said after retaining his Wimbledon crown that he was undecided about appearing at the Tokyo Games after it was announced fans would not be allowed to attend because of a spike in coronavirus infections.

The world number one lifted his third title of the year at the All England Club a week ago and is now on course to try to complete tennis’ ‘Golden Slam’.

He needs to win gold at the Tokyo Olympics and take the US Open singles title in September to become the first male player to achieve the feat.

Germany’s Steffi Graf is the only player to accomplish a ‘Golden Slam’, which she achieved in 1988.

Earlier this week, British number ones Johanna Konta and Dan Evans withdrew from the Games because of positive Covid-19 tests, while Swiss legend Roger Federer and three-time Grand Slam winner Angelique Kerber have also pulled out.

Australia’s world number 17 Alex de Minaur has also tested positive for Covid-19 and has subsequently withdrawn.

The tennis tournament at the Olympic Games gets under way on 24 July.

Post a Comment

0 Comments